2017 HEATING AND COOLING INCENTIVE PROGRAM
- Oil, electric, natural gas and propane furnaces are eligible for an upgrade
- All new furnaces must be equipped with an electrically commutated motor
Note: Furnace incentives run until December 31, 2017
ENERGY STAR® certified central air conditioner (CAC):
- CAC model must be ENERGY STAR® certified with a minimum seasonal energy efficiency (SEER) ratio of 18 and a minimum energy efficiency ratio (EER) of 13
- Must have a qualifying indoor coil
ECM Circulator pump:
- Pump must be installed on an existing hydronic heating system and not on a domestic how water (DHW) heater
- You must have a variable-speed electronically commutated motor
Air-source heat pump (ASHP):
- Must be a home or small business with electricity as primary heating source (70 per cent of total heating load)
- The ASHP must be ENERGY STAR® certified or a consortium for energy efficiency (CEE) Tier-1 level system, minimum SEER 15/HSP 8.5/EER 12.5 rating
- Must be connected to a continuous 24 volt power supply source.
- Must be Wi-Fi enabled and controllable through a remote device.
- Must incorporate some form of occupancy based controls, such as occupancy sensors or geofencing, to detect home occupancy and setback during unoccupied times. Automatic scheduling of set points alone without occupancy detection is not sufficient.
- Must be compatible with any multi-stage heating and cooling units.
- Must come with a warranty of at least two years.
- Must be able to download any new software patches or upgrades released by the manufacturer.
Review the Heating and Cooling terms and conditions for more information on program eligibility.
2017 installations and submissions:
The deadline to submit documents for installations completed in 2017 for the Heating & Cooling Incentive Program is December 31, 2017. Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by February 1, 2018 and all supporting documentation including the proof of purchase must be submitted before February 28, 2018.