Rebates and Promotions
Smart Thermostat Rebate
Save on Smart Thermostats
When you purchase a qualifying Smart Thermostat and either install it yourself or through a contractor* before December 31, 2018 and have not applied and or received an incentive related to the Thermostat through any other conservation program in Ontario, you’re eligible to receive a $100 incentive.
If you are an Enbridge Gas customer, the incentive will be paid as a bill credit on your Enbridge Gas account. If you are not an Enbridge Gas customer but reside within the Enbridge Gas Program Delivery area, the incentive will be paid in the form of a cheque.
To apply for your Rebate please go to Ecobee's website.
- Your Smart Thermostat must control your primary heating source. (Natural gas, propane or oil. Electric heating is not eligible.)
- The residence that is linked to your Smart Thermostat must be located within the Enbridge Gas Program Delivery Area.
- Your residence must be a single family home (detached, semi-detached, and townhouse homes only).
- You must have an active ecobee, Honeywell or Nest or Emerson account linked to your Smart Thermostat.
- You must have a Wi-Fi connection at your residence sufficient to communicate that your Smart Thermostat has been successfully installed, activated and paired to ecobee, Honeywell, Nest’s or Emerson's services.
- Have not applied and or received an incentive related to the Thermostat through any other conservation programs in Ontario
- You must activate your Smart Thermostat and submit an online application form for the incentive using a Redemption Tool between *January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
⁺Enbridge is continually adding new Smart Thermostat devices to the Program and we strongly advise that you view the date your Smart Thermostat was eligible for the Enbridge $100 incentive in our Terms and Conditions. If your device was purchased and installed before the effective enrolment date into the Program the $100 incentive will not be applied.
For more information contact us online
Apply for your enbridge gas incentive
Once you have purchased one of the qualifying Smart Thermostats and either install it yourself or through a contractor, apply for your incentive online through the manufacturer’s website before December 31, 2018. Effective May 10, 2017, the ecobee3 lite was accepted as a qualified Smart Thermostat. By completing and submitting an online application form, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Only one device per residence with a one-time serial number registration permitted. In addition, to qualify you must have not applied and or received an incentive related to the Thermostat through any other conservation program in Ontario. Once approved, participants will receive the $100 incentive (via bill credit or cheque) within 6-8 weeks.